Conversations is split into two panels and displays messages chronologically. You can view and reply to conversations and sort them by course or inbox type. Conversations itself does not have any file size limits; however, attachments added to a conversation are included in the sender's personal files.
- If you right-click or option-click on the Inbox link, you can open your Conversation Inbox in a new browser tab to keep it handy while you are doing other tasks in Canvas.
- Users display in Conversations once they have an active enrollment in the course, and users cannot join a course unless it is published.
In Conversations, you can send a message to one user or multiple users in a course.
Note: Currently you cannot message users in multiple courses.
Canvas is continually creating new features to improve your user experience. The majority of improvements will be made available as part of our regular release cycle. However, some features may affect your personal interaction with Canvas.
This lesson gives an overview of how to manage user-level feature options for your user account. Admins and instructors have no control over user-level features.
To view specific feature options available in Canvas, visit the user account features lesson.
If your institution has enabled profile pictures, you can add and change profile pictures in your account. If you do not see a placeholder picture in your user settings, your institution has not enabled this feature.
There are three ways you can select a profile picture to use throughout Canvas:
- Upload a Picture from your computer
- Take a Picture using your computer's camera (not supported when using Safari or Internet Explorer)
- Import from an existing Gravatar account
Tips for profile pictures:
- Please choose an appropriate picture to represent yourself. Your institution has the right to remove pictures that are not appropriate for a classroom setting.
- Images should be square in size to prevent your picture from being resized or distorted.
- Files can be any type (.jpg, .png, .gif) or size as long as you have room in your personal files to store the file. Canvas recommends that your profile picture be as small as possible.
- Your personal files quota is enforced when uploading a profile picture. If you do not have enough storage space in your personal files, you will not be able to upload your profile picture. Create more space by removing some files in your personal files.
Depending on how your Canvas account was created, you may be able to make changes to your name, default email, language, time zone, and password.
- Setting a chosen language will override any default language settings across your institution; however, any language set in a course will override your user language.
- Your institution may take care of updating or changing your password by using the password associated with your login credentials for Canvas.
- Users associated with a SIS ID cannot delete their own account.
Note: Some settings may not be available to you. If you are not able to edit your user settings, you will need to contact your institution to change this information.
English is Canvas' language default, but you can choose to view the Canvas interface in another language.
Note: You have the option to change the language preference for your courses. If one of your courses is set to a different language (most often for a foreign language course), the course language will override the language in your user settings.
In Canvas you can add contact methods to receive notifications. Contact methods allow you to select how you want to be notified when various events occur within a course. Notifications are applied to all courses in Canvas. Canvas supports notification through email, SMS text message, and Twitter.
Once you add contact methods, you can set your own Notification Preferences to select how often you want to be notified of course events.
Canvas includes a set of default notification preferences you can receive for your courses. Notifications are sent to Canvas contact methods as specified in your account. However, you can change the default settings by setting your own notification preferences. These preferences only apply to you; they are not used to control how course updates are sent to other users. To learn more about each notification, default settings, and notification triggers, view the Canvas Notifications PDF.
Notifications are sent as one of four delivery types: send right away, daily summary, weekly summary, or don't send. If you change a setting, the change is made immediately to your account.
Notification settings apply to all of your courses; you cannot change settings for individual courses.
You can reply directly to email notifications outside of Canvas and have the reply appear in Conversations. However, please be aware that attachments added as part of an external reply are not included with the message shown in the Canvas Inbox.
Note: The Canvas by Instructure app supports setting notification preferences. However, setting preferences inside the app will override preferences in the browser version of Canvas, and daily and weekly preferences are not supported.
Canvas is integrated with a number of third party web services. Most of these services can be configured from the user settings page.
Artikler funnet 354 Nullstill søk