Manual Observatør Guiden
You can export scores from the Gradebook and download them to your computer as a CSV file. At the time of export, the CSV file data matches the current filter(s) and settings shown in the Gradebook.
Notes about CSV files:
- Some columns that appear in the CSV file are read-only columns calculated by rules or percentages set in Canvas. Any changes made to these columns will be ignored when you re-upload the file to your course.
- For assignment group columns, changes made to assignment scores will automatically be included in the assignment group calculation in the Gradebook.
- CSV downloads honor multiple grading periods. The Gradebook exports the grading period being viewed in the Gradebook. For All Grading Periods, if the option to view total grades is not enabled, Total Score columns and assignment group totals are not included in the download.
- The Total Score displayed in the Gradebook reflects each student's score at the time of viewing, taking into account whether the instructor has chosen to have ungraded assignments treated as zero, muted assignments, assignment due dates, etc. Therefore, the CSV download includes read-only columns for current and final score. Current score reflects the total while ignoring unsubmitted assignments, and the final score counts unsubmitted assignments as zero.
- If a student has submitted an assignment multiple times, the CSV file only accounts for the most recent submission.
- The notes column is not included in the Gradebook CSV export file.
- Concluded and inactive enrollments are not included in the CSV file unless their respective option, Show Concluded Enrollments or Show Inactive Enrollments, is enabled in the Gradebook Settings menu.
- Complete/incomplete assignments are shown as full or no credit (e.g. for a 10-point assignment, 10 or 0).
You can easily import quizzes from programs that create QTI files. If a program does not create QTI files, it cannot be imported into Canvas.
QTI files can be created from a variety of different learning management systems and software:
- Quizzes created in Respondus 4.0 (Windows software) can be exported as QTI packages. To learn how to use Respondus 4.0 refer to this user guide (DOC). A QuickStart guide for Respondus 4.0 is also available (PDF).
- Quizzes created in Blackboard (WebCT, Angel) can be exported as QTI packages.
- Quizzes created in Moodle can be exported as QTI packages. Note: This will work with Moodle 2.0 or older versions. However, Moodle 2.1 and newer versions no longer export QTI packages.
Note: Canvas supports QTI versions 1.2 and 2.1.
Canvas includes a set of default notification preferences you can receive for your courses. Notifications are sent to Canvas contact methods as specified in your account. However, you can change the default settings by setting your own notification preferences. These preferences only apply to you; they are not used to control how course updates are sent to other users. To learn more about each notification, default settings, and notification triggers, view the Canvas Notifications PDF.
Notifications are sent as one of four delivery types: send right away, daily summary, weekly summary, or don't send. If you change a setting, the change is made immediately to your account.
Notification settings apply to all of your courses; you cannot change settings for individual courses.
You can reply directly to email notifications outside of Canvas and have the reply appear in Conversations. However, please be aware that attachments added as part of an external reply are not included with the message shown in the Canvas Inbox.
Note: The Canvas by Instructure app supports setting notification preferences. However, setting preferences inside the app will override preferences in the browser version of Canvas, and daily and weekly preferences are not supported.
In Canvas you can add contact methods to receive notifications. Contact methods allow you to select how you want to be notified when various events occur within a course. Notifications are applied to all courses in Canvas. Canvas supports notification through email, SMS text message, and Twitter.
Once you add contact methods, you can set your own Notification Preferences to select how often you want to be notified of course events.
Artikler funnet 351 Nullstill søk